Our firm has cultivated over many years rich and plentiful knowledge and experience of Intellectual Property. Via lectures, seminars and on-the-job training, we believe we are able to pass this knowledge and experience back to our clients and provide them with support that can rapidly strengthen their IP strategies.
Our Legal Department employs staff members whose various abilities enable us to deal with a wide range of legal fields: not only regarding the Trademark Law and Design Law, but also Copyright Law and Unfair Competition Prevention Law, etc. We are therefore capable of fulfilling various requests from clients who want practical lectures for their legal and IP teams, or who want a workshop to provide their R&D departments with the fundamental information they should know regarding trademarks, etc. We are constantly collecting up-to-date information on national and international IP and can provide lectures etc. on this material. We hope you will take advantage of our services.
[Main types of services]
- 1. On-the-job training at our offices
(e.g. 1 month courses, 6 month courses, etc. - please contact us to consult on training periods).
- 2. Lectures/seminars given by visiting lecturers
- 3. Lectures/seminars held at our offices
- (i) General matters related to laws (including revisions to laws): Design Law, Paris Convention, Hague Agreement Concerning the International Deposit of Industrial Designs (Hague Agreement), Copyright Law, Unfair Competition Prevention Law, Plant Variety Registration Law etc.
- (ii) On-the-job training: writing application documents, responding to reasons for refusal, seminars on licensing, etc.
We can adjust content and budget according to your needs. Please feel free to contact us if you are considering holding a lecture or seminar!
Akinori HACHIYA, Patent and Trademark Attorney - Osaka Legal Department General Manager
Tomoharu ISHIGURO, Patent and Trademark Attorney - Tokyo Legal Department General Manager
Past Materials (General Selection)
- What is the Hague Agreement?
- Strategic applications for designs
■Unfair Competition Prevention Law
- Outline of Unfair Competition Prevention Law and guidelines for managing business secrets
- Materials on judicial decision ("fishing game" case)
- Materials on judicial decision ("TRIPP TRAPP" case)
- Points to note regarding licensing agreements